Tape Switch for Tandem/HP NSK - share a Tape Drive automatically
The Dynamic Switch allows any tape drive or library to be shared between multiple Tandem S or K series Hosts via the standard SCSI connections. Sharing is automatic - no manual intervention is required.
Four S series or K series Hosts share a common SCSI tape drive Switching is automatic - no manual operation is required.
- Each Tandem Host "sees" the tape drive in the normal way - it should only be scf started on one Host, and stopped on the remainder
- Host SCSI connections are completely isolated from each other
- Simple, dependable way to maximise the value of your SCSI tape investment
- Switching is dynamic and automatic - no physical or electronic switching is required
- Hardware-only solution - no software required
- Available in rackmount or desktop enclosures
- Useful for program loads in clustered environments
- 2 Host, 4 Host and 6 Host Switches available
Bandwidth: Full specification Ultra SCSI?no transfer loss through the Switch, zero overhead.
All enclosures are HVD SCSI 3 attach with HP standard 68-way SCSI connectors.
Compatible with 3214, 3216, MFC and all S series SCSI Features
Compatible with all SCSI tape drives
Universal Power Supply.
Rack enclosures: 1U height
Desktop enclosure: A4 footprint
Click here to download the product information PDF