1. THE IDENTITY AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE DATA CONTROLLERS
Steve Bristow, Managing Director of Peripheral Vision (Technology) Ltd
2. THE PURPOSE OF PROCESSING THE PERSONAL DATA AND YOUR INTENTIONS FOR IT
A wide range of business activities. From trading (i.e. client & supplier relationships) to processing leads, prospects, friends, family and anyone who we have met who we feel we would like to keep in contact with. e.g. other business people we might not trade with but met at networking meetings etc.
3. HOW LONG THE PERSONAL DATA WILL BE STORED FOR?
As long as we feel necessary or until the person asks to be deleted. If someone asks not to be contacted again, we try not to agree to completely delete the data because, otherwise, we run the risk of adding that person to our database again in error.
4. THE RIGHTS TO REQUEST PERSONAL DATA, ERASE IT OR OBJECT TO ITS COLLECTION
Just contact us and ask using the details on our contact us page.
5. THE CONTACT DETAILS FOR A REGULATORY AUTHORITY IN THE EVENT OF A COMPLAINT
Call us first and we'll put it right. If you aren't happy about it, then call the ICO.
6. WHO THE RECIPIENTS OF THE PERSONAL DATA ARE?
No one else but Steve Bristow, Peripheral Vision (Technology) Ltd
7. IF THERE ARE INTENTIONS TO TRANSFER YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS TO COUNTRIES OUTSIDE THE EU AND WHAT LEVEL OF DATA PROTECTION SAFEGUARDS ARE OFFERED
No intentions. Data may be stored on our web server (UK), Amazon Web Services (UK/EU), our office laptops & PCs (UK), Dropbox (UK), MS Outlook (UK), Gmail (unknown location - could be USA), Mobile and Tablet devices (UK), bits of paper (UK). However, should we need to travel to a country outside the EU (for work or holiday) and need to take devices and laptops, we will not ask your permission beforehand.
8. WHETHER SUPPLYING PERSONAL DATA IS OBLIGATORY OR VOLUNTARY, ALONG WITH ANY CONSEQUENCES FOR FAILING TO PROVIDE IT
Supplying your data (and all data is probably 'personal' nowadays) to Peripheral Vision (Technology) Ltd is usually voluntary. As such, it has to be stored somewhere. And, as such, we have technically "processed" it. So, if you supply your data, then you have supplied your data. There are no other consequences.
9. IF THE PERSONAL DATA IS NOT COLLECTED FROM THE CUSTOMERS THEMSELVES, THEN YOU MUST STATE WHERE IT ORIGINATES FROM
Yes, we'll try and keep a record. Not always easy. We could have googled you, found your website and then written down (or stored in our CRM) your details. And then contacted you because we had a legitimate interest to offer you relevant products and services. Or someone could have passed your details to us as a referral/recommendation. It could be that you emailed us. Or called us. We'll make every effort to log "the source" and "the date" as best as possible.
ONLINE FORMS, EMAILS, CALLS, SKYPE, WHATSAPP... AND THE LIKE
By definition, if you email us, fill in a form, call us or make contact in ANY way, there will be some kind of storage of data. Even if it is just an email sitting on a server somewhere with your email footer in it. Whether it's a Skype call, mobile phone call or you fill out a form to join a webinar or download an eBook, you are submitting your details and, as such, they will have to be "processed" someway, somehow and you are giving us permission to do so.
Therefore, you give us permission to contact you back with all and any reasonable information. You may not have given us permission to contact you back with promotional newsletters or product/service information. But, you are (by default) giving us permission to store your data somewhere and then respond to your interaction by reasonable means with reasonable information.