Low Voltage Differential to High Voltage Differential Converter
The LVD2HVD is a low-voltage differential (LVD) to high-voltage differential (HVD) converter. Unlike some converters, the LVD2HVD is true LVD and does not degrade to a single-ended (SE) SCSI bus.
The small format PCB is full speed Ultra Wide SCSI capable and designed for convenient integration into most common enclosures.
- Ultra SCSI capable.
- Initiators and Targets may be placed on either side of the device.
- Does not consume a SCSI ID.
- Transparent operation, Independent of host software.
- LVD side switches to Single-ended mode automatically if plugged into a SE bus.
- Hot-Swap mode, where each side can be electronically isolated.
- Integral Multimode LVD terminators that sense the LVD bus and switch to SE mode as appropriate.
- Supplies terminator power out to each bus via a jumper and restable fuse.
- SCSI bus signals are re-generated and re-timed.
- HVD SCSI peripherals to an LVD or SE controller.
- LVD SCSI peripherals to an HVD controller so that the LVD bus remains true LVD.
- SE SCSI peripherals to an HVD controller.
- Creating bus segments that are electrically isolated from each other
- Bus extending, where an LVD SCSI bus can be lengthened to 100m by adding converters in a serial fashion.
- Enabling Server Cluster.
Transfer Rate: 40 Mbytes/sec - Ultra SCSI
Physical Size: 50mm x 147mm
Temperature Range: 0°C to 60°C
Power Requirements: +5V ±5% Watts typical. Standard 3.5" miniature power connector
Connectors: Standard 68-way SCSI III female
Informative LED's Indicate:
- Presence of termpower for each bus
- Bus error -where a device of the wrong type is plugged into either bus
- SCSI bus activity